The Purpose of website:
- Supplementary to this - Entertainment
THE AUDIENCE IS NEVER EVERYONE
Three key elements to a good website:
- Is it functional?
- Is it visually appealing?
- Is the functionality useable?
Designing a portfolio website
- Homepage: Name, Job Title, Selected samples of work, Navigation
- Work: examples of work in the form of image or videos, projects descriptions and titles
- Information: CV, work experience, Academic background, summary of who I am, Awards, exhibitions
- Contact: Email address, phone number, Possible location, Network links (Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr)
- Simple easy to understand layout
- Maybe have name and title larger to make it more noticeable
- How is the homepage eye catching?
- Something to encourage users to browse other pages?
- Design is a little plain?
- In the footer there are 4 pages, but there are three in the header, unify this to avoid confusion!
- Simple and clean, does the job
- Good use of the footer, simple and limited use of text
- The footer suits the layout of the page
- Would you need the footer as well as the link to the contact
- Good detailed plan, would like to see a more interesting design
- Simple yet effective layout
Common Feedback from group web design challenge:
- Clean layout and easy to use but unoriginal
- Navigation is simple and clear
- Redundant Features
- KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid!)
- Use of the grid to aid design on paper and then taking it to digital