You Are Reading

Branding to Packaging: Printing, Finishing & Assembly



To create the effect of a spot Varnish I purchased a varnish spray, although I varnish Spray I had brought I realised after purchasing and trying to return it again that it had a sparkly glitter finish, I wanted to create the affect of a clear spot varnish however I'll have to settle for a glitter finish. In order to create the spot, I masked off the entire net to leave only the black exposed to the varnish spray. This process was extremely tedious and I underestimated just how long it would take to do this to each individual net but none the less I persevered through it, in the name of graphic design! 

I was advised in Hobby Craft that as I was spraying onto paper with a spray that is intended for plastic that the best way to achieve a good affect was to spray thing coats from a distance and layer the coats of varnish to avoid the varnish absorbs into the paper. So I sprayed 3 coats to achieve the final affect with about 10 minutes drying time between each coat. Once completely dry I removed the masking and cut the net using a scalpel.

On the tabs that fold into the box, I cut a small insert that would allow the box to stay shut without the need for gluing similar to how the original net worked.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2011 All rights reserved