You Are Reading

The Line as a Metaphor for Rain

One of my initial designs focused on this ideas of the beautiful orchestra, which is reference to the sounds that are made by rain. Taking this at the type for the design I have explored how the line can represent rain and become a symbol of the rain. Rain does not fall in droplet it falls in lines, this is how it appears when you look at rain, therefore I have chosen the line to represent rain. I have here explored a range of visual variations of the line moving across the typography, I think the less lines are more effective as that appear to have more movement whereas the designs with many lines appear heavy and cluttered and not don't convey the fast movement of rain. 

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2011 All rights reserved